It always amazes me just how early the Sephora Gift Sets 2022 holiday makeup boxes are released every year. I bought mine in September, yes really. They are fun to buy and open on Christmas or as a seasonal gift.
I purchased two Sephora Gift Sets this year.
- Sephora Favorites Makeup Must Haves
- Sephora Favorites Holiday Lip Set
Each one comes with a couple of full-size products and a variety of mini makeup products from different brands. Each year they usually feature some iconic products that a lot of us have tried already, but I find that I haven’t gotten a chance to sample everything yet.
The Sephora Gift Set Makeup Must Haves 2022 has the following inside:
- a full-size brow freeze from Anastasia Beverly Hills
- a warm light brown gloss bomb from Fenty Beauty in mini size
- a mini 4-week supply of lash serum from GrandeLASH
- a full-size ILIA Lengthening Mascara
- a nice little eyeliner in full size from KVD Beauty T
- the Natasha Denona Baby Retro Palette – a trio of cool, rose tones only available as a trio in this box.
- a small sample of Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
- my personal favorite is the Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Liquid Blush in a peach color (JOY)
- mini Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
I definitely think it’s worth the price. At $54 you get two full size products – the brow freeze, the mascara, and the eyeliner. I love the eye palette and the liquid blush. Both are really beautiful on the skin. But keep in mind the color stories don’t look fantastic together at the same time.
Let’s talk about the lip kit. Inside the box you get:
- NARS Lip Gloss mini in Orgasm
- PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ mini Lipstick in Vendetta
- Rare Beauty Glossy Lip Balm in Nearly Neutral
- clear mini of Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme Plumping Gloss
- full size Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Pillow Talk
- mini lipstick from Urban Decay Vice Hydrating Lipstick in Backtalk
- mini lipstick from GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Anaheim Shine Lipstick in Original Recipe
For starters, I like the Rare Beauty lip gloss the best in this box. The color is called nearly neutral, I find it to be very neutral but a bit of warm brown color. Very subtle color with an excellent slippy formula.
I also like the orgasm lip gloss, a classic if you like this line from Nars. The cool pink mini lipstick from Urban Decay is also very nice. It has a hydrating formula.
Of course, everyone is crazy about Pillow Talk. Since it has been so viral, most have tried it by now. I hadn’t. I had pillow talk medium which is quite a bit dark than the original pillow talk color.
I like it just fine. I am not as insane about it. It is very subtle on me.
My least favorite is the super pigmented lipstick minis in red, red, red. the GXVE formula is way too dry for me to enjoy using, even if I did like the color.
The Pat McGrath lipstick is a cool red color, which works better on my teeth and skin. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with this one. Although I am not sure that I will wear it that much, I do like the formula—smooth and velvety lipstick.
Are the Sephora Gift Sets 2022 worth it?
I say yes. But hey, I like to buy them every year. While you don’t get to choose your own colors, it’s always fun to have some makeup already picked out for me to wear.
If you have a large makeup collection from Sephora, you probably have already tried most of these. If you love to try only the newest formulas and colors, then this isn’t your box.
But if you are the type of person who just can’t spring for all the latest things, then you may find many of these items are ones that you never got around to trying.
Which box is better for gift giving?
I think I would choose the makeup must haves as a gift. Most of my friends are in my category for makeup over 50 for mature skin. Some of the lips are a little “out there” unless your friends were bright colors frequently. Just my two cents.
I think the makeup must haves box is a bit more flexible. If you are giving it to someone who is only moderately interested in wearing makeup, then they probably haven’t tried this stuff in this box yet.